Thursday, September 10, 2009

#26 Eat at 500 memorable restaurants

Restaurant #114 is A16 in San Francisco, CA.

A16 is a modern Italian restaurant that focuses on fresh, local foods, so they change their menus regularly. They are known for their pizzas, but have many other dishes their too. The prices are fairly reasonable, considering you are in SF (nothing over $25).

They are located in the Marina, which is a great place to spend an evening. We went to Bin 38 first for a drink & walked over to A16 with no problems. Surprisingly, parking is not much of a problem due to the parking garage nearby. Just remember to bring a pocketful of quarters, you'll need them!! Take it from me, I got a $100 parking ticket (made for an expensive night out).
What I ate and how I liked it:
Roasted Monterey sardines with fried breadcrumbs, currants, pickled chiles and herbs A
These aren't your mamas typical canned sardines...they are plump, little fishies. I little too much fishy for me, but I could appreciate the presentation of the dish.

Funghi – roasted mushrooms, smoked mozzarella, grana padano, garlic, oregano, wild arugula A-
They are known for their pizza and it was good, but not the best I ever had. I like Rosso in Santa Rosa, CA much better.

Ricotta gnocchi in brodo with cherry tomatoes, garlic and basil B+
These gnocchi were just fine, but lacked a bit of creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment