Wednesday, September 30, 2009

#56 Cook Every Dish From One Cookbook

Have you ever done this? I always am good for 3 or 4 recipes and then move on to the next book. You see, I sort of have an addiction to cookbooks, owning more than 100. To my defense, I do own a restaurant, so it is technically a write-off! I have to say that this goal was on my bucket list way before the move Julie & Julia was released! For those of you who haven't seen it, Julie challenged herself to cook every recipe from Julia Childs Mastering the Art of French Cooking in 365 days. I am not giving myself any sort of time limit, except within a lifetime (geez...I still have 100s of other things to achieve too).

I have selected the cookbook A16 Food +Wine by Nate Appleman. A16 is a fantastic restaurant in San Francisco (I have written about it in this blog under #26 Eat at 500 Memorable Restaurants). The book features 92 modern Italian recipes, that all sound pretty delicious.

Sample Items:
  • Roasted Apsaragus with Walnut Crema and Pecorino Tartufo

  • Minestra Maritata

  • Chestnut Polenta with Ragu alla Napoletana, Eggs and Ricotta Salata

  • Lamb & Ricotta Crespelle with Tomato and Pecorino

  • Chard Gratinata with Bread Crumbs and Grana

  • Pistachio and Almond Cake with Orange Salad
Sounds Yummy, can't wait to get started!

Recipe Count: 92
Recipes Completed: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment