Monday, August 31, 2009

#125 Join a Book Club

I finally finished the book Three Cups of Tea and had my first book club (aka: girl talk & cocktail) meeting. We met at the book club organizers home, Tracy. She made a fun fondue with garlicky Caesar salad. The wine flowed freely, everyone seemed to have brought a bottle of their finest. We selected our next reads; Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier, Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Society (our next book) by Mary Ann Shaffer & Annie Barrows and The Next Thing on My List by Jill Smolinski.

With the wine glasses full & bits of bread smothered in cheese, I was excited to start the intriguing dialogue about the book at hand. All was good...then...we learned that half of the group didn't finish the book...bubble popped. I would be lying if I didn't say I was a tad peeved that I spent the time to read every page (ok, maybe I skimmed the last 50 or so) when we only discussed it for 5 minutes and people weren't able to participate. The book was inspirational and informative, but not the easiest read ever! At least we had fondue and wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment