Wednesday, October 28, 2009

#108 Completed! Own an award winning restaurant

My blog has move to www.mslistologist.com

The Michelin Guide is a highly respected guide that recognizes exceptional restaurants. The book boasts such restaurants as The French Laundry in Napa Valley and Per Se in Manhattan. I knew that the 2010 Michelin Guide was supposed to be released on October 20th and I was holding my breath. Typically, they notify the included restaurants a couple of weeks beforehand and it was October 15th and we hadn't heard a word. Last year they sent us the good news by FedEx, so every time the truck would stop out front of our place, Sugo Trattoria , I crossed my fingers, but much to my dismay, they usually were dropping off supplies to Peet's Coffee next door. My hopes plummeted when we were dining at a local restaurant who was also included in last years issue. The owner said he had received his inclusion notice 2 weeks prior. Bam! Crushed. I was utterly surprised when I check the mail 5 days later and there was our Michelin award (I don't check the mail often, why bother when it's always bills). I guess with the state of the economy
they had to downgrade to Parcel Post instead of FedEx.

I am so proud that the hard work has paid off by being recognized by a guide that is so well respected.



No comments:

Post a Comment