Monday, November 2, 2009

#100 Completed! Complete a 1000+ piece jigsaw puzzle

My blog has moved to www.mslistologist.com
Please follow me there, thanks!!
Unfortunately, this puzzle ended up being 999 pieces instead of 1000, but I'm still crossing this off my list! Luckily, someone at one of our vacation rental properties left this puzzle when they were visiting. I was half way through when I noticed, in the tiniest writing ever, that the top of the box said "one piece missing." Darn!! What to do? I rationalized that it was still technically a 1000 piece puzzle, it just lacked one piece and I would definitely know where the piece went. So there!

I hadn't done a puzzle since I was a child and never one with so many pieces to it. I was naive to think that it could be completed in one night. 4 nights, 7 hours and 18 minutes later...success! Though this was challenging, it was also extremely relaxing. You don't find too many opportunities where you can concentrate on just one thing and let everything else go. That was worth every minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment