Tuesday, March 10, 2009

#24 Completed! Try to Rappel



"Rappelling was thrilling, but would have been better if I could have gone down faster!""

How I did it:
I always try to do "something I will remember" for my birthday. This year I selected rappelling from my bucket list. It was a 3 hour drive from my home to the Moaning Caverns in Murphys, CA. We all were required to watch a short video that gave you the dos & don'ts of rappelling, followed by a 2 minute lesson. That's it! The instructor hooked us into our harnesses and led us to the rope into the cave. The first portion of the rappell was like rock climbing backwords. The second part was more of a free fall drop (the fun part). Next time, I would opt for something faster and longer!

After the rappel, we went to eat in the town of Murphys, CA. The quaint downtown offered several nice restaurants & 20+ wine tasting rooms. Couldn't have ended the day any better!





No comments:

Post a Comment