Thursday, March 5, 2009

#101 List 10 things I am grateful for every day for 1 month

I once read somewhere that you can change a habit in 21 days. I am a slow learner so I figured I'd give myself 30 days to train my brain to concentrate on all of the grateful things in my life. I definitely believe that being grateful is the key to happiness. I only have two more days to go and have been extremely surprised when reading back my past entries. I figured much of my gratitude would be related to money somehow and there are a few passages that are just that, but for the most part what makes me happy is not monetary.


7 Spending time with friends, family and loved ones seems to be the top on my list. Even when it was as simple as having coffee with my mother (who would have thought?). The next trend on my gratitude list was related to feeling a sense of accomplishment; completing all my errands, painting the house, finishing taxes, etc. I am definitely a "list" person, so I feel grateful when I can complete anything off my list. The rest of the entries seem to be pretty random; making good deep fried gorgonzola balls, feeling skinny, happy hours, poker night, spin class, etc.

All said and done, making a point of being grateful has definitely helped my happiness in the last month. One of my entries actually read "I love my life!" I can't remember the last time I felt that.

1 comment:

  1. Annette, isn't this a wonderfully warming task that everyone should try at least once in their life!? I've been keeping a "Gratitude Journal" for the past 11 years now. I've rarely skipped a night when I haven't written down what I was thankful for that day. It's a very eye opening and humbling experience to go back and read some of the past entries. I enjoy the random ones, and cherish the more detailed and heart-felt entries.

    Keep it up past the 30 days, you'll never regret it!

    ReplyDelete