Monday, March 9, 2009

#12 Learn How to Make Paper

Since as far back as I can remember, I have been fascinated with paper. It doesn't matter if it is wrapping, printing or tissue paper, there is just something appealing about the array of colors, weights & textures. I have been known to peruse the paper store aisles and leave with goodies I have no intentional use for. Doesn't everyone do that? My closet houses at least 10 rolls of wrapping paper, 8 different colors of tissue paper, 12 types of printing paper & 15 sorts of craft paper. You never know what you might need!

I can't resist the after-Christmas 50% off wrapping paper sales. This is a great time to stock up on the "necessities" for next year. My question is: How many rolls of Xmas wrap is enough? I would have to buy approximately 300 gifts a year to use all that I have!

I have a secret fantasy (get your mind out of the gutter...not that kind of fantasy!) of sitting in my future craft room at home and creating handmade gift tags for a living, maybe I'll add that to my bucket list. My shelves would be lined with the worlds largest assortment of papers; parchment, linen, recycled, embossed...oh my! I suppose it fits that I would want to create my own paper. That way I can be the controller of my own paper destiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment