Thursday, June 4, 2009

#84 Try 50 New Foods

# 11 Pied de cochon (pig trotters)

This was suppose to be just a drink date at Central Market. The owner Tony was nice enough to give us a complimentary appetizer. I have to admit, when he set it down I was ridden with nerves...what if I didn't like this indescribable delicacy? It would be extremely rude not to finish a gift from the proprietor! Before I took the first bite he came over to explain what was in front of us. Holy Crap! It's pigs feet!! Okay, there are just some parts of an animal that I don't want to eat and pigs feet is right up there with sheep's brain. Thank God I already had had a glass of liquid courage (aka: wine), so mangia!

Really it just tasted like some sort of mixture with a bacon flavor. Not bad...pretty good really...if only I didn't know what it was.

You think you might like pigs feet? Check out this recipe for Pied de Cochon.

No comments:

Post a Comment