Wednesday, July 8, 2009

#26 Eat at 500 Great Restaurants

Restaurant #111 is Barndiva in Healdsburg, CA.

Barndiva is an awesome space with food to match! The interior design resembles a modern bard, with pitch forks and wire pig sculptures on the wall. Believe me, it's way better than I am making it sound. Their outdoor patio is fantastic & I can't wait to go back on a warm summer night to fully take advantage of it. Every Wed. night they have a BBQ night, that includes a prix fixe "all-you-can-eat" menu & no corkage. I hear it's packed, but I'll let you know. Their food is sourced from farmers, ranchers and small batch purveyors who live and work in the area.


We went in the early evening so we could sit at the bar, have wine & nosh. Here's what I had and how I liked it:

2006 Deux Amis Zinfandel ($9) A+
Perfectly rich & jammy, just like I like my zins

Beef Sliders with a Dried Cherry Ketchup A
This came with 3 fairly big sliders, definitely a meal for me. They were cooked perfectly medium-rare

Beer Battered Onion Rings with Basil Puree A
These were the huge onion rings, not those shoestring kind. They were crisp and went fabulously with the basil puree

I only tried a couple of items on their menu, but can't wait to go back for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment