Thursday, February 26, 2009

#83 Completed! ride a zip line

"Riding a zip line in Costa Rica was absolutely thrilling & beautiful"


How I did it: When I was in Costa Rica I saw a brochure for zip line tours. There was no question that this was something I would have to do! There were several rip line companies to choose from, but we went with the one the hotel recommended. It had 11 lines on it, which meant we were able to fly down 11 different cords all with varying lengths & heights. The first one was the scariest because you weren't sure if you were going to fall. But, by the end we were flying upside down!

Lessons & tips: Do your research to make sure you are using a reputable zip line company. This is definitely something you don't want to take any chances on. Using one that the hotel recommends is a wise idea.

What helped me cure a bit of my fear was to suspend myself in the air while I was still over the platform. This way I knew that I was secured properly and the cord could support my weight.


No comments:

Post a Comment